WHAT TO EXPECT
First Steps: How Do I Get Started?
- Referral - A child should be referred to ECI as soon as there is a concern about a developmental delay. A referral source, such as your doctor, is required by law to call ECI as soon as possible if a delay is suspected.
- Intake / Screening – This is required to happen within 45 days of the referral.
- Evaluation / Assessment – This is required to happen within 45 days of the referral.
Next Steps: ECI Services
- Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) Meeting - This is required to happen within 45 days of the referral.
- Delivery of Services – Services will start with 28 days of IFSP meeting.
- 6 month Review of Plan --- 12 month Review of Plan.
- Need for change in services or re-evaluation/assessment.
- On-going delivery of services.
Future Steps: Leaving ECI
- Transition / Discharge - You must leave ECI when your child turns 3 or when he/she is developing appropriately for his or her age and is no longer eligible for ECI. Planning should begin at 27 months.
We are here to help you and your family.
If you have any questions, please call Amanda McGee at (903) 454-0300, x 1600
or if you would like to send an email to her: "click here"